To manage community change in both the short and long term with regard to land use, land development, building construction/renovation, and code enforcement so that a positive environment that is productive and beneficial to all citizens of the Town of Braselton is maintained.
Braselton is updated the 20 year Comprehensive Plan. Want to help? Please visit www.BraseltonCompPlan.com
Contact Information - ( See Below For Staff Contact Information)
Braselton Planning and Development Department
4986 Hwy 53
Braselton, Georgia 30517
P.O. Box 306
Attention: Planning and Development Department
Braselton, GA 30517
Planning and Development Department Staff
Planning & Development Director
Kevin D. Keller, AICP
- Provides overall supervision and management to the Planning and Development Department including building permitting, building inspections, environmental policy, business licensing, and code enforcement.
- Analyzes and provides recommendations to the Town’s elected and appointed bodies in regards to re-zoning applications, annexation applications, variance applications, Planned Unit Development proposals, and development regulations.
- Analyzes and provides recommendations to the Town's elected and appointed bodies in regards to the adoption of new regulations and policies as it pertains to planning, business regulation, and other local ordinances.
- Reviews site development plans and subdivision plats to ensure compliance with all applicable development regulations and ordinances.
- Assists in the coordination and administration of the Comprehensive Plan.
- Assists in the coordination and administration of special planning studies.
- Coordinates the site development review and permitting process.
- Reviews and approves building permit applications.
- Reviews and approves subdivision plats and site development plans.
- Reviews sign permit applications.
- Coordinates and manages the Town Erosion and Sedimentation Control Program.
- Enforces local and state environmental regulations through plan review and field inspections.
- Leads and coordinates environmental education and public participation programs such as River's Alive and Adopt A Stream.
- Advises the Planning Director in policy areas involving environmental protection and mitigation.
- Learn about stream buffers
Code Enforcement Officer
- Enforces local ordinances.
- Receives and responds to complaints from citizens concerning code violations.
- Assists the department in the building inspections and administration division.
- Inspects new construction activity for compliance with local and state adopted building codes.
- Reviews non-residential and multi-family building plans for compliance with local and state adopted building codes.
- Recieves and processes applications for all Business Licensing.
- Recieves and processes applications for new Building Permits.
- Recieves and processes requests for Building Inspections.
The Planning Commission is established as an advisory body to the Mayor and Council. The role of the Planning Commission is to hold public hearings and make recommendations on matters related to zoning, conditional use requests, and amendments to the Development Code. One member is appointed from each of the Town Council districts and one member shall be appointed at large by the Mayor. The Planning Commission typically meets on the 4th Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Police and Municipal Court Building.
Zoning Board of Appeals
The Zoning Board of Appeals is established to hear and make decisions on requests for variances from the Development Code, appeals of administrative decisions, and Modification of Standards applications . One member is appointed from each of the Town Council districts and one member shall be appointed at large by the Mayor.
Click HERE to download the brochure on the rules of Public Hearings